"It's better to see some place once than to hear about it a thousand times."
A couple of months ago I deployed and closed a work project that spanned a duration of 10 months. After many days of late nights, extended work hours, and a marathon deployment without contingency I was so looking forward to my last destination travel in 2013. Every time I would leave the city and experience new places, I would always be reminded of the reason why I travel. Travel would recharge my spirit, would remind me that work was just a means to life and not an end by itself, and it would allow me to focus on myself.
The trip to El Nido, Palawan was a welcome reprieve from a busy and challenging 2013. This was my second trip to Palawan and this time, I wanted to experience the travel differently by immersing more with the locals. Read on for my TOP TEN Non-Touristy Things To Do in El Nido.
1. Life at the beach watching...
2. Do nothing, sit by the veranda, and let the day go by. Listen to the lulling sound of the waves as it caresses the sandy beach. Most of all, enjoy the view.
3. Walk with the locals at the town proper...
4. Underwater meditation and swim with the fishes.
5. Enjoy a kayak at the lagoons...
6. Eat a hefty breakfast, lunch, or dinner with occasional fresh catch from the sea
7. Explore the sandy and rocky islets; then, end a day of island hopping with a welcoming sight of a rainbow.
8. Explore the country side...
9. Walk the end-to-end stretch of the beach and take a break in-between...
10. Finally, don't miss Nacpan-Calitang and discover the twin beach.
Don't be afraid to explore and do the unconventional. It's a different kind of joy in the unexpected and the not-so-known. So I say: Go forth and discover!
Lifestyle. Creative. Moments
leave me your thoughts or stay connected here: